Welcome to Our Blog

Welcome to Our Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Soapy suds and random thoughts

Image - Google Images
Despite having lived in my house for eight years now, I hadn't embraced the Jacuzzi in the master bathroom until recently. I don't mean to imply that I haven't enjoyed it at all; it is just that now I have started to enjoy it to the point of wanting to soak in it all day.
              It started with a recent particularly stressful week ending on a good note. I was so relieved at the positive turn of events and was planning on cuddling with a good book and some wine in bed (happens when husband is in India) when my eyes fell upon the spa kit I had received as a gift from my him for our wedding anniversary.
 When I looked at the bath soap in the kit and read its description I was sold on taking a bath. It invited its user to take a long bath in its luxurious rejuvenating oils. I am not sure anyone could refuse that.
  Once the bath was ready, I turned on the music and some candles and got in. In a few minutes, I had forgotten my problems, and just listened to the music playing. 
While I may have left my troubles behind, the one thing I did bring into the tub with me was a bath bomb. Watching it whirl around and dissolve in the tub reminded of my whirlwind trip to India and UK back in May. I had purchased the bath bomb in the little gift shop of the Ely Cathedral in Cambridgeshire, England. It was a glorious day in a most memorable seven week adventure. I remember walking down the cobbled streets that day with my sister, soaking in the beauty of the quaint English village. Small stores with window boxes bursting with beautiful flowers dotted the streets.  My sister and I even went to a tea room to enjoy some English Tea. The Cathedral itself was breathtaking.
        As such wonderful thoughts were whirling through my brain; Miley Cyrus’s ‘Party in the USA’ song came along.  With lyrics like, “So I put my hands up,
They're playing my song,
And the butterflies fly away
I'm noddin' my head like yeah
Movin' my hips like yeah
I got my hands up,
They're playin' my song
I know I'm gonna be OK
Yeah, it's a party in the USA
Yeah, it's a party in the USA” I started thinking about my own journey of coming to the USA in 1997. I remember the anxious plane ride from India. Dreams and hopes and the uncertainty of it all had played over and over in my mind during the 27 hour plane ride. I look back and wonder if I would have done things differently. And the answer is a no. Despite all its ups and downs, it has definitely been a party in the USA.
      The Mumford and Son “I will wait” song came on next and I played air banjo to it and wondered what it would like to be a professional banjo player. It took the knock on the bathroom door and the “mom!! Are you awake?” for me to force myself out of the bath and quietly let my random thoughts and the soapy suds drain away. 
      I usually share a recipe with my posts and I have tried hard to think of what I made for dinner that night but all I remember is what I have already shared with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment