BACON RANCH CHEESE SPREAD.
Mouth watering treat for any occasion.
My wife posted one of those floating recipes on Facebook about a month ago - and simply commented “Please?”.....Well, I liked the way it looked and we had a family gathering coming up so I decided to give it a try. And, it rocked !!
With bacon being the uber-foodie craze at the moment, I’m sure plenty of people would like to give this a shot - once you do - it will be a keeper.
1. - 15 slices bacon - cooked to crispy. Crumble when done.
(I used a pre-cooked box to avoid time and mess, personally these are damn good and you pay equal or less cash for it, no muss, no fuss).
2. - Two 8oz pk’s of cream cheese, softened.
3. - One package of Hidden Valley ranch dip.
4. - 3/4 cup shredded cheese (I used colby jack).
1. - Heat your bacon - fry until crispy, cool - and than crumble into small bits. Set aside.
2. - Mix the two packages of cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer, till smooth.
3. - Add ranch mix into cream cheese and mix well.
4. - Add your shredded cheese and mix well.
5. - Add HALF of your crumbled bacon into the cheese mix, mix well.
6. - Put your other half of bacon on a small plate and set aside.
7. - With your hands mold the cream cheese mix into a large ball.
8 - Roll the ball onto the plate of bacon, evenly - and cover the entire ball with bacon bits.
9 - Store the ball on a small plate in the fridge. Cool for at least two hours.
10. Serve with crackers or similar snack.
11. Get out of the way !! Once this bad ass ball of munchy greatness hits the first mouth, all bets are off.