Welcome to Our Blog

Welcome to Our Blog

Monday, December 9, 2013








THE BEST CHICKEN TACO I EVER ATE ?

And it was to benfit cancer.




      Back in September my buddy Todd Hooper (tattooist and deviant do-gooder) invited me and my wife Saundra, to a charity event at his local tattoo shop, Ink Divine (San Pedro). The benefit was in honor of breast cancer awareness and the shop made an impressive donation of almost $3,000 when all was said and done.
      In the last year or so I have found myself more prone to cancer awareness than ever before. Granted, I lost my aunt to cancer many years ago and my sister is a survivor of colon cancer, but it was a little girl named Sarah that has opened my eyes wider in recent times. She is the nine year old daughter of an old friend of mine, Sandee, that was diagnonsed with leukemia in February of this year.  My entire family has been effected and we have done what we can, when we can, to help promote awareness.

     One of the vendors at the Ink Divine event was a well known foodie truck company called Tits N Tacos (an all-women staff of rock n rollers that donate proceeds to breast cancer, thus the name). All of their menu items are named after women. One look at the menu and my belly began to speak to me....”Feed me!!”....And so, I ordered. I bought myself a “Chola” (their mexican street taco) and a “Mary-Ann” (their go to chicken taco). Other items on the menu include “Betty Page”, “Monroe”, “Audrey Hapburn” and much more.
     The Chola was good.....the Mary-Ann blew the doors off my mouth and my brain. I took a bite and let the ranch and bacon pop in my mouth and melt like butter and than immediately stood in line to order another. The best chicken taco I have ever had? Quite possibly.... I knew at some point I had to try and recreate it. So,...last night I did.
     On a side note - I used flour tortillas for my recipe, TNT used corn. I think corn was better. Also, TNT used pico in their taco, I did not. They also used cotija cheese, I used colby jack.







THE MARY-ANN (bacon ranch chicken taco).
(serves 4-6).


4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half.
BBQ rub of your choice (I used Penzeys Galena Street, it’s awesome).
12 slices bacon - fried.
12 tortillas.
Jalapeno ranch dressing.
Shredded cheese.
Shredded lettuce.


1. Cut chicken breasts in half and put your rub on, let sit for a bit.

2. Heat up your grill.

3. Cook bacon till its crispy, set aside. Once cool, cut each slice in half.

4. Shred your lettuce.

5. Place chicken on your grill - cook 20-25 minutes depening on your grill and heat.

6. Once chicken is done, let cool for a bit and than cut into small chunks.

7. Heat tortillas.

8. Place chicken in tortillas, top with a line of the jalapeno ranch.

9. Put a half strip of bacon on either side of the chicken.

10. Add your lettuce and cheese, and fold.


Serve and enjoy !!

































Help support my friends and visit these web-sites:

1. Todd Hooper and Ink Divine.
https://www.facebook.com/inkdivinetattoocompany

2. Tits N Tacos.
http://www.tits-n-tacos.com/

3. Sarah’s Fight.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sarahsfight/

No comments:

Post a Comment